Saturday, March 24, 2012

4th - Run as fast and far as you can

                     "That day, for no particular reason I decided go for a little run.... " 
          This are the words of Forrest Gump from my favorite movie with the same name which inspired me. I just started for no particular reason run as well. Actually, there were maybe some reasons, maybe similar reasons like Forest had but that is not important. Every time there is a time we want to run away - somewhere out of the reality. Sometimes it  can be very painful mainly at the ends of your run. Your legs became so heavy and painful, you knees are like in a fire and under your ribs you feel like someone is stubbing you with the knife. That time you have to realize that there are more painful moments in your life which you experienced and this is nothing comparing to that moments. I found out that our joggers in Bratislava are so polite. Every time someone is jogging against me, he pick up his hand like he is saying hello to me. First time I was surprised, then I started enjoy it and do the same :) Sometimes a gorgeous girls is running against me and pick up the hand and I am on my 10th KM and feel pain everywhere so my face is looking like if I just swallowed a lemon :) Than I usually realize: "Common Marian, a gorgeous girl, you should smile" :) It is great to listen to your favorite music while you are jogging. Powerful music can give you great power and energy so you can run even faster. Healthy legs are a great gift from God and with great powerful music you can run as you never run before. It is great feeling when you have some aim and you fulfill it. Sometimes, the sun is shining when you are starting and in the end of you run the rain is starting. And that is awesome, it motivates you to run even faster :) Sometimes there is horst crap and if you are lucky, of course you will slam on it :) It is one of the greatest states I have ever experienced. You can get to this state just after extremely performace. Some people are saying that it is better than orgasm :) Your body is flooded with endorfins and you feel happy even if you are in normal life miserable :) The same is happening to the people which have terminal stadium of some disease and are going to die. Because of endorfins they are going better for a while and they are happy a very little moment before their death. Running is one of the greatest thing we can do for our health.
       Let me finish with true story that can inspire you. It is about girl Patti Wilson. She was an epileptic. Her father, Jim Wilson was a morning jogger. One day she said, "Daddy what I'd really love to do is run with you every day, but I'm afraid I'll have a seizure." Her father told her, "If you do, I know how to handle it so let's start running! That's just what they did every day. It was a wonderful experience for them to share and there were no seizures at all while she was running. After a few weeks, she told her father, "Daddy, what I'd really love to do is break the world's long-distance running record for women." Her father checked the Guiness Book of World Records and found that the farthest any woman had run was 80 miles. In view of her handicap, Patti was as ambitious as she was enthusiastic, but she said she looked at the handicap of being an epileptic as simply "an inconvenience." She focused not on what she had lost, but on what she had left. That year she completed her run to San Francisco wearing a T-shirt that read, "I Love Epileptics." Her dad ran every mile at her side, and her mom, a nurse, followed in a motor home behind them in case anything went wrong. In her second year on the university Patti's classmates got behind her. They built a giant poster that read, "Run, Patti, Run!" (This has since become her motto and the title of a book she has written.) On her second marathon she fractured a bone in her foot. A doctor told her she had to stop her run. He said, "I've got to put a cast on your ankle so that you don't sustain permanent damage."  "Doc, you don't understand,' she said. "This isn't just a whim of mine, it's a magnificent obsession! I'm not just doing it for me, I'm doing it to break the chains on the brains that limit so many others. Isn't there a way I can keep running?" He gave her one option. He could wrap it in adhesive instead of putting it in a cast. He warned her that it would be incredibly painful, and he told her, "It will blister." She told the doctor to wrap it up. She finished the run. You may have seen the headlines: "Super Runner, Patti Wilson Ends Marathon For Epilepsy On Her 17th Birthday." After four months of almost continuous running from the West Coast to the East Coast, Patti arrived in Washington and shook the hand of the President of the United States. She told him, "I wanted people to know that epileptics are normal human beings with normal lives."
" Because of her noble efforts, he told me, enough money had been raised to open up 19 multi-million-dollar epileptic centers around the country...

No comments:

Post a Comment